Pages Menu

Posted by on Jun 30, 2015 in Uncategorized |

Services Offered By a Land Surveyor

Whether you own a construction company, or you are a land developer, you may have need to contract with a land surveyor from a company like John C Bested & Associates Pty Ltd to maximize the success of your building project. To help you understand how these professionals can add value to your business, here are the services they can offer you.

Boundary Surveys — Land surveyors can provide you with boundary surveys, which is a process that certifies the dimensions of a piece of undeveloped property for building purposes. In some instances, a land surveyor may discover that there are differences between the measurements delineated in the Certificate of Title, and the actual dimensions of the land. In that case, land surveyors can perform a redefinition survey, which details the actual dimensions of the land. Land surveyors then create a document that is sent to the Land Title Office for review. In some cases, a piece of land that you want to develop or build on doesn’t have a survey plan, which means that a land surveyor will need to create a boundary survey for the property, or adjoining landowners can make a claim that the land is theirs.

3D Models — A land surveyor can also create a three-dimensional model of an existing structure, subdivision or piece of land. This can help make your new design plans more efficient, because the 3D model is flexible, and can incorporate your new ideas and show you a small-scale image of what the property will look like. 3D modelling is an affordable way to create new blueprints for your construction and development, using computer-aided design.

Topographical Surveys — Land surveyors create topographical surveys, which are also in 3D, but unlike 3D modelling, survey not only the land you want to build on, but all the major buildings, structures and residential areas that surround the piece of land. Topographical surveys are required for development applications, and are often the first step in gaining approval from city development departments. They are designed to help determine the impact that your development will have on an existing terrain.

Lease Plans — If you are building multiple structures such as an office building or a shopping centre, local Council regulations require a lease plan, which is either a lease of land plan or a lease or premises plan. A lease of land plan is required whenever you are building a subdivision. The lease plan must be created by a Registered Land Surveyor, and must include the purpose of each structure that you are building. A lease of premises plan is a survey of all the walls within a project in which tenants will be leasing space for retail or commercial purposes. Land surveyors can prepare both lease plans for your development.